Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hanging Out in Baltimore

Visited a bunch of cool places today. Dragged Dave to the American Visionary Arts Museum across the harbor. It's probably the coolest museum I've ever been to – you should check it out if you ever have some free time here. We could have walked to it in about 20 minutes, but I wanted to go ahead and get water taxi tickets (good all day) because we'd need them later.

Our early lunch consisted of the biggest prawns (shrimp) I'd ever seen. HUGE! And delicious.

Spent most of the afternoon bumming around and shopping. Dragged Dave out to Fells Point late in the afternoon. I found a really cool lamp in an antique store about 10 years ago, which I had re-wired and had a shade made for. It's some sort of 50's kitsch piece, a female elf-like person wearing a large dagger at her side, standing in a field of mushrooms. I call it the Tinkerbell lamp. It's pretty strange, I gotta admit.

Made it to Obrycki's for dinner. Best damn seafood in Baltimore, if not the entire state of Maryland.

Then off to the show. Jen watched with Dave and I, first downstairs where the sound was a bit muddy, then up in the balcony, which sounded much better. A few photos:






Audley only got to stick around for about an hour after the show. They had a long drive to Chicago for their day off tomorrow and needed to hit the road.

We were back to the hotel and asleep by about 1…

No comments: