Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Last Rehearsal Day in Chicago

Today's the last day of the Chicago rehearsals. Rob has to do an awards show in LA, so everyone is flying home for a few days. I'll get home to Raleigh Wednesday afternoon, and I get to spend 4 nights in my own bed. On Sunday, everyone flies to Kansas City for 3 more days of rehearsal Monday through Wednesday. The first show of the tour is on Thursday the 9th.

One of my Chicago "daughters", Evie, came to visit today around lunch. I hate that I haven't been able to spend any time with either her or Kim (other "daughter"), but I've been stuck at the gig all day, every day since arriving. So anyway, I managed to get away for an hour and go to lunch with Evie. We went a few blocks away to Harry Caray's and sat in the bar, as the dining room was closed. It was good to get caught up with her. She's just returned from 3 weeks in Europe with some godawful metal band. She's a masseuse, and on this tour, was also doing merch. Poor thing.

Long day of rehearsals, with load-out to commence around 10:30. The load-out will probably run until about 1 or 2, but I see no reason for me to be here. I'm hoping to be at the hotel by midnight.

Update…

It's now after 1am, and I'm still stuck here. Hope to be in my room and asleep by 2.

Fingers crossed…

No comments: