Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yay! Another Snow Day...

I don't think we got nearly enough of it, but it finally snowed again last night and this morning. The forecast originally called for us to receive 3 to 5 inches, but last night they backed it off to 2 to 4 inches.

I always like to take long walks when it snows, and today was no exception. As always, I headed down to the greenway and got a few shots along the way.

Fountain by the soccer field:

Crabtree Creek:


I got off the greenway at one point and was walking through the woods when I came across this chair. I guess someone put it there to just sit and enjoy watching the creek flow:

I sure hope that whoever sits there doesn't do any fishing in the creek. There are signs up all over that the fish are contaminated with high levels of PCB's.

Our favorite hang-out, the Ale House deck:


I wonder how many hundreds (thousands?) of beers have been consumed there by me and my friends???

My street:

View from my porch:


As expected, Foy emailed me early afternoon and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him and Terry to the Ale House deck for a few cold brews in the snow. And of course I did! Who wouldn't want to sit outside in 35-degree weather on a snow-covered restaurant deck and drink ice-cold beers? I mean, really?!?

They swung by and picked me up a little after 4:30 and down the hill we went. As always, the restaurant's management thought we were out of our damned minds.

We hung with the cold for about 90 minutes before surrendering to the warmth inside the Ale House. After a couple of rounds inside, the three of us headed to the High Park Grill, the bar & restaurant that's about 450 feet from my house, to end the evening. I walked home from there around 10pm for a late dinner.

With temperatures for the weekend ahead forecast in the 70's, I suspect we're done with snow for the year. Which I guess means it's time for me to go back to work…

No comments: