Monday, September 22, 2008

Day Off in Salt Lake City, UT

Nice long bus ride overnight from Portland to Salt Lake City – 774 miles. Got to the Monaco Hotel in downtown SLC just before 2:30pm. While I was in the shower, I got a call on my room phone, which turned out to be from my old buddy Garrett Rentz. He was staying in my hotel! He's Foreigner's LD and they just got to town, too. Day off for him, so we wound up going to dinner together and hanging out all night.

We went to dinner at the Market St. Grill, an awesome seafood restaurant about 3 blocks from the hotel. (Thanks for the heads-up on that one, Foy!)

In addition to Foreigner and their crew staying here, Lindsey Buckingham and his crew were also here. So there was a roadie convention in the bar all night.

Per the comments on my Portland entry below, here's that picture sleeve from the Dan Baird record (thanks to Terry Anderson!)…

No comments: