Saturday, February 2, 2008

Travel Day to Perth, Australia

Holy shit, it's hot here. Step off the plane at the Perth airport around 3:45 in the afternoon and the heat just slaps you in the face. Must be 100 degrees.

And I hate heat.

OK, let me rephrase that. I love wintertime in NC (not that it ever gets too cold there), and I'm pissed because I've been out working completely through the winter there. I was out on the R. Kelly tour since the last week of October and I got exactly one whole day off between that and starting the Rage tour in New Zealand. It's the middle of summertime Down Under and it's just boiling. I feel like someone has taken a year of my life away from me.

The good news, for me, is that it will be cold in Japan when we get there on Monday.

**********************************
Spragoo and I took a walk down to the water and found a cool joint called The Lucky Shag Bar. Sat outside (in the shade and over the water) and had a few cold ones. There were lots of people there and it was a good time for a couple of hours. We split a big sampler platter with all kinds of good seafood and great chips (fries).

Sitting in the heat took its toll on us after a while and we headed back to the hotel, where the bar was just raging. A lot of the bands on the bill are staying here (The Duxton Hotel) and they were all taking a damn drink.

It turned into an over-the-top, wild and woolly night. Finally got back to my room around 2am.

No comments: