Sunday, November 25, 2007

Show Day in DC

Fifth show of a five-in-a-row run. Today's show is at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC.

Terry Anderson called me at 5:00 today and as soon as I heard his voice I knew it wasn't good. He said that David Enloe wasn't doing well. I told him that I was already planning to fly home on December 3rd to visit him for a couple of days. He said that I should come sooner because David likely wouldn't last that long. David has been functionally ill for several years now. Technically speaking, he's got liver disease. He has been hospitalized for a few weeks now, and was in recent days moved to a "rehab/nursing" facility. But he had an episode yesterday that led to him being admitted to Wake Medical Center.

So, I went into a mad scramble to get home tomorrow. Cancelled my flight to Little Rock and rented a car, thinking I'll drive home instead. On the one hand it's probably just as quick as screwing around with the airport, and on the other hand, I'll enjoy the quiet time to think. The drive is about 280 miles.

The hotel sucked when I got here. The AC ain't worth a damn. And I saw a cockroach in the bathroom. I can't tell you the last time I saw a bug in a hotel. And this is an Embassy Suites, which are usually immaculate. Oh, well, I'll get my 5 hours of sleep.

Zzzzzzzzz…

No comments: