Tuesday, November 27, 2007

David Alan Enloe, 1956-2007

The phone rang at 3:57am. David's gone. He passed away shortly after 3am.

He was my friend and I will miss him.

I am grateful that Terry called me and told me I needed to come home now to see him. And that I could be there for his last night on this earth. And that I told him that I loved him, because people don't seem to say that to each other nearly enough.

Mostly, I will be forever grateful that David Enloe had room in his life for me to be his friend.

Rest in peace, my friend.

--------------------------------------------

The Fabulous Knobs - David's hair, second from left

David Enloe
The Woods (David center)
David
David and more David


4 comments:

Greg said...

very sorry to hear about david, bob. please call me to hang if you'd like to
greg

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bob, thanks for always being there for David. He really loved you, but you know that. I want to hear from you, so give me a call if you want. I left your number in Minneapolis.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Bob, I thought of you when I heard the news about David from May. He was a damn good musician and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.