Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Show Day in Lyon, France

Strange venue today – used to be an abbatoir. Huge airplane hanger of sorts. Sounds like ass. The catering today is the best of the tour. Love 'em or hate 'em, the French caterers always throw out a spread.

Get news during our set that someone in the crowd has died. So sad. First word was that it was probably a drug overdose, but later it comes to light that the young man (who was 23) had a heart condition and just collapsed. The EMT's couldn't do anything to save him.

After the show, I manage to take a tumble getting off the bus. The driver sets a step down outside the bus door every day because the first step is so high off the ground - unlike American tour buses, Euro buses can't be lowered via the air shocks. I misstep the extra step somehow, and screw up my left foot bigtime. My left wrist, too. I have a very painful limp. This should be fun for a few days...

No comments: