Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Check, 1, 2... Check, 1, 2... Hey, is this thing on?

Well, considering how big my ego is, doesn't it surprise you that it took this long for me to start a blog? Yeah. Me, too. We'll see how it goes and how often I can actually put something of interest up here. If nothing else, it'll be therapeutic

I arrived here in Lisbon, Portugal yesterday. Took 3 flights on 3 different airlines to get here, and I just KNEW my luggage would be in another country. Lo and behold, both my bags were among the first 10 on the belt. Straight to the hotel for a 2 hour nap, then off to the rehearsal venue to start working. Didn't get back to the hotel until after 11pm. Met some crew folks in the bar for a couple of beers and then off to bed.

I hope to get a couple of photos tomorrow to show you how beautiful it is here. This venue sits on the water in an area filled with great bars and restaurants. Too bad I won't have time to go experience them for myself - the first few days of a tour are always very busy for me.

I'm on the road doing tour accounting for System Of A Down. The band's rehearsing today and tomorrow. First show of our European tour is Friday here in Lisbon, headlining the Super Bock Super Rock Festival. Super Bock is the local equivalent to our Budweiser. If they had NASCAR here, Little E would drive the Super Bock car.

Just got word that the band's new album "Mesmerize", which was released on May 17th, sold about 453,000 copies in its first week in the U.S., meaning it debuted at #1. It also debuted at #1 in Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, Mexico, Brazil, Austria and New Zealand, selling over 800,000 for the week worldwide. It was #1 in 12 countries total, but these are the only ones I can confirm right now.

That's it, BD outta here.

(Gotta give props to my buddy Greg Howard for showing me how easy this blogging stuff really is...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the blogosphere; Greg Howard pointed you out to me. I have a loose little alliance of road bloggers that I've coined the dumb name of Roadring to identify us. I've already linked you to it on my little website, Parking In Bitterman Circle. We all have a bunk and a perspective. I'm out with Weezer right now (wish I'd known you were out when we were all in Boston)and as always, thank you for your networking skills that help a brother out.We'll be over there with you next week in the Fatherland so look out! Keep us up to date and we'll do the same for you. Happy Hunting!

Anonymous said...

And a King's X fan? Too cool. This is gonna be fun...