Saturday, January 24, 2009

Whew!

So I decided last night to just stay in, watch a movie and enjoy a bottle of wine. About halfway through it, my neighbor Regan called and said she was building a fire out back and having a few folks over and that I should join them. I politely declined, but changed my mind about 20 minutes later.

So of course I got home at nearly 5am.

Damn!

I didn't wake up until nearly 1:00 this afternoon. Hated that, because I had some stuff I wanted to do before all the ACC basketball games started coming on. Oh, well.

Later, I met Paige & Greg, Jeff & Kim, and Ossie at a restaurant called Firebirds for dinner. It was pretty decent.

Then I was off to Tom O'Keefe's 45th birthday party at Slim's, one of my fave bars downtown. There were 4 or 5 bands playing, including Lustre, who were doing a reunion gig just for Tom. He had been their road manager back in the mid-90's when they were signed to A&M Records. They only put out one album before getting fucked by the label (didn't everyone?), and to this day it's one of my favorite records.

They only played 6 songs, but I was in seventh heaven.

I also walked around the corner and stuck my head in to see my buddy Jac Cain, the FOH guy at the Pour House. He was mixing Kevn Kinney, the dude from Drivin' & Cryin'. Stayed there for a couple of beers, then headed back to Slim's to see Tom's band play.

After that, headed home…

No comments: